Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sea Glass Soap


After making this sea glass soap for a customer to use to make wedding favors, I started thinking about other ways to incorporate sea glass into my sea-inspired product line. I made sea-glass soap bars and they were very popular at a craft fair on Cape Cod this past weekend.

It's been many years since I was a student at Mass College of Art where I learned so much about glassmaking, and the idea of sea glass brought about a whole host of ideas as well as bringing back childhood memories. I loved glass from the time I was a teenager, and would had covered the inside of my bedroom window with bits of sea glass, pieces of stained glass, and nautical glass balls.

The idea of collecting sea glass is so nostalgic, add to that our attraction of the sea and it's no wonder so many couples have beach-themed weddings. Sea glass soaps are the perfect favor or welcome bag gift for those who share a love for the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment