Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The best skin care product I've found

I never expected to be struggling with acne as an adult and it was so disheartening to often have blemishes on my face, especially for those important times like when meeting new people. It wasn't such a surprise as a teenager, but well into my 30's was a big disappointment that even acne skin treatments failed to cure. And not only that, but my pimples really hurt, when they made their appearance, they we red and sore and really painful!

I remember when it came out that vitamin A was found to be helpful in resolving severe acne, and I'd never thought about even taking vitamins. The only time I had taken vitamins was when I was pregnant and nursing and I never thought of it as a necessity, but now I thought I might just try taking a daily and see what happened. I found out that what you put on your skin is not nearly as important as what you put IN your skin.

There wasn't any kind of dramatic change, but after a while, I remember looking into the mirror and noticing that it had really been a looooong time since I had a zit! I was so pleased, but occasionally I would neglect to take my vitamins and then sure enough the blemishes would start, so I was convinced that I was getting a definite benefit out of taking a daily vitamin - clear skin!

From time to time, it happens, I forget to take my vitamins or maybe I have run out and haven't picked up a new supply yet. Sure enough, when I feel a breakout starting, I get back on track with taking my dailys and it starts clearing up like magic. Now I'm interested in finding out what exactly would be the best vitamin or supplement to improve the dryness of my hair and I've heard that cod liver oil gives excellent results.

Want to know a great trick for remembering to take your dailys? I was terrible at remembering and my daughter said to me, "you pour water into the coffee maker every morning, so why don't you put the vitamin bottle on top of the coffee maker?". You know, that little suggestion works perfectly and I rarely forget anymore. Just put your vitamins on top of or in the way of something you do every morning and you can't avoid remembering.

One last note is I've also learned that we need to pay attention to what's in the vitamins we take. There have been studies that the fillers used in common vitamins may be harmful, and taking a small amount of a harmful substance on a daily basis over decades is really cause for concern. I prefer the whole food type of vitamins rather than the traditional type and look for companies that account for the ingredients they are using. It's a great trend that we care about what goes into our food and skin products and our daily vitamins should be a part of that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment